Venus Beauty Supplies is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
The purpose of this accessible customer service plan is to benefit all Ontarians by:
- developing, implementing and enforcing accessibility standards in order to achieve accessibility for people with disabilities with respect to goods, services,facilities, accommodation, employment, buildings, structures and premises;and
- providing for the involvement of persons with disabilities, of provincial governments and of representatives of industries and of various sectors of the economy in the development of the accessibility standards
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services. Staff will accommodate customers who use assistive devices by meeting them at the door when trying to enter our premises. When purchasing merchandise, staff will provide a carry-out service.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. When necessary, staff will communicate with customers over the phone clearly and slowly.
Service Animals and Support Persons
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Venus Beauty Supplies will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the main entrance and reception desk.
Venus Beauty Supplies will provide training to all employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Training will be provided to staff within the first month of employment.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Venus Beauty Supplies plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Venus Beauty Supplies goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Venus Beauty Supplies provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact us by phone, in writing or by email.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to Mara Federici, via email, email@example.com.
Customers can expect to hear back in 15 days.
Notice of Availability
Venus Beauty Supplies will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by making them available on our website.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of Venus Beauty Supplies that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.